The Arizona Cardinals were a few players short on Monday for their bonus holiday practice, but it wasn't so much because of injuries. They did not have a full practice squad as they had only announced five signings. Head coach Bruce Arians said that the other three players they will bring in will be there for Wednesday's practice.
As for the health of the team, it is pretty good. There appeared to be only two players who sat out of practice -- tight end Rob Housler, who has a an ankle sprain, and running back Rashard Mendenhall, who was resting his knee.
As for Mendenhall, Arians was not concerned at all. "I did not let him go today," the coach told reporters. "He's more than ready and Ryan (Williams) is full speed."
While the team will not release their first official injury report, Arians was willing to say that Housler is currently day-to-day, but that "he is making good progress," when he was asked whether his tight end would be able to play on Sunday. Sounds like it isn't going to happen.
Dan Williams "practiced full speed" on Monday, so, at least for now, it looks like he will be a go for Sunday.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals practice squad: Kerry Taylor among 5 added to roster
- NFL Week 1, Cardinals vs. Rams preview: A look at the St. Louis passing attack
- An updated look at the Arizona Cardinals depth chart
- 9/2 Arizona Cardinals news: Looking ahead to the Rams, waiver claims
- Arizona Cardinals announce additions of Sowell, Ta'amu; cut McCann, Demens