"Bradley Sowell I'm very familiar with," said Arians to reporters. "We (the Colts) claimed him last year. He played a lot in a couple of big two-minute drives at the end of games. I think he's an excellent young tackle prospect."
He sounds like a guy that they will plan on developing, which should light a fire under Nate Potter. Sowell currently sits behind Potter at left tackle on the depth chart.
Ta'amu was exactly what the team was looking for to play behind starter Dan Williams.
"Alameda is a big, physical presence in the middle," explained Arians. "Talking to the people in Pittsburgh, they wanted to keep him, but their numbers -- Al Woods and a couple of other players came on string for them, so we're real happy that he became available."
Ta'amu is the number two nose tackle behind Williams.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals practice squad: Kerry Taylor among 5 added to roster
- NFL Week 1, Cardinals vs. Rams preview: A look at the St. Louis passing attack
- An updated look at the Arizona Cardinals depth chart
- 9/2 Arizona Cardinals news: Looking ahead to the Rams, waiver claims
- Arizona Cardinals announce additions of Sowell, Ta'amu; cut McCann, Demens