The Arizona Cardinals filled the final three slots on their eight-man practice squad on Tuesday. The re-signed linebacker Kenny Demens, who was cut after the team added offensive lineman Bradley Sowells and defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu off waivers. They also signed defensive tackle Anthony McCloud and receiver Sam McGuffie.
McCloud (6-2, 313) joins the Cardinals after spending the preseason with the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Florida State. In three seasons at FSU, McCloud appeared in 40 games (30 starts) and had 84 tackles, four sacks and nine tackles for loss. He was All-ACC Honorable Mention as a senior in 2012.
McGuffie (5-10, 200) comes to Arizona from the Oakland Raiders where he was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Rice. He played his final three seasons at Rice after originally starting his collegiate career at Michigan. McGuffie switched to wide receiver as a senior in 2012 after playing his first three seasons as a running back. He played in 32 games and caught 102 passes for 1,059 yards and nine touchdowns, carried the ball 240 times for 1,057 yards and seven touchdowns and also had seven kickoff returns for 129 yards and five punt returns for 41 yards.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals practice squad: Kerry Taylor among 5 added to roster
- NFL Week 1, Cardinals vs. Rams preview: A look at the St. Louis passing attack
- An updated look at the Arizona Cardinals depth chart
- 9/2 Arizona Cardinals news: Looking ahead to the Rams, waiver claims
- Arizona Cardinals announce additions of Sowell, Ta'amu; cut McCann, Demens