The Arizona Cardinals named their team captains, as announced on Wednesday. There is a much of veteran and youth, new captains and repeat captains.
On offense, it is Larry Fitzgerald and Carson Palmer. Fitz is a no-brainer, but Palmer is the newcomer. It is refreshing to see that the team trusts their quarterback enough to name him captain. Lyle Sendlein is not captain anymore.
Defensively, Darnell Dockett earns back the captain's status, He is joined, though, by Patrick Peterson. Peterson already is a team leader.
All are good choices and very appropriate choices. I wouldn't have picked them any differently at all.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- ROTB Roundtable: 53 Man Roster, Week One Keys, and St. Louis Obstacles
- Cardinals vs. Rams: PFF matchups and grades
- Cardinals vs. Rams: Offensive line remembers Thursday night debacle
- Cardinals vs. Rams: Tyrann Mathieu talks about handling Tavon Austin
- Arizona Cardinals depth changes a little and some players get new numbers