The NFL season officially kicks off tonight with the world champion Baltimore Ravens traveling to Denver to take on the team they defeated in the playoffs last year -- Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Joe Flacco no longer has Anquan Boldin and the defense is without Ray Lewis, as he is now retired. Can they repeat the win from January or will Denver avenge the loss?
Here is my against the spread pick
Ravens at Broncos (-7.5): While the champs typically start at home, because of the scheduling conflict with Major League Baseball, they take to the road. Denver adds Wes Welker and should hfave one of the most feared offenses all season. However, with Von Miller out for six games on suspension and Elvis Dumervil having gone to Baltimore, they will lack any punch to the pass rush. This is where the Ravens will make a difference. With Terrell Suggs and Dumervil, the Broncos will find their competition stiff. Denver by more than a touchdown? Nope. I have Baltimore for the win straight up, so naturally I am taking the points. Pick: Ravens, +7.5.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- ROTB Roundtable: 53 Man Roster, Week One Keys, and St. Louis Obstacles
- Cardinals vs. Rams: PFF matchups and grades
- Cardinals vs. Rams: Offensive line remembers Thursday night debacle
- Cardinals vs. Rams: Tyrann Mathieu talks about handling Tavon Austin
- Arizona Cardinals depth changes a little and some players get new numbers