However, that is only the beginning.
With about $10 million in salary cap space after the contract restructuring, they also have started with some contract offers. General manager Steve Keim discussed the team's long-term outlook (via the team's official page).
Keim indicated that it could be difficult for the team to re-sign more of their players soon to be free agents. They are prepared, though.
"Sometimes the players and their agents want to get to the market and see where the numbers go," Keim said. "At the same time we have aggressively pursued some of our own free agents and we have deals on the table that we feel pretty good about."
It is good to see that the team has "aggressively" gone after their own free agents.
Who will that be? Kicker Jay Feely said last month that there had been talks with the team and that "they want me back, I want to be back, so hopefully we can get that done."
Could it be Karlos Dansby or Frostee Rucker, both of whom were mentioned by Larry Fitzgerald. Or perhaps linebacker Matt Shaughnessy, who was a big part of why the team was the league's best against the run defensively? Is it Andre Roberts or Eric Winston? What about Yeremiah Bell?
What players do you hope that the team has "aggressively" approached in the last month?
- NFL free agency: 4 under-the-radar players to consider
- Karlos Dansby "definitely" expects to return to Arizona Cardinals
- The Arizona Cardinals need a tackle, right... or left?
- Michael Sam would have difficult time, be a distraction in NFL locker room, says Karlos Dansby
- Arizona Cardinals 2013 season review: What worked during Week 1 loss to Rams?