The league reportedly was in talks to move the Pro Bowl from Honolulu to the Super Bowl host site, which happens to be Glendale in 2015. (This FanPost was the first on the site to bring it up -- props to allstr1ker)
Some believed that the league was simply turning up the heat on Arizona politicians, as the SB1062 controversy was on everyone's minds. However, according to SI's Don Banks, who was on Arizona Sports 98.7 on Wednesday, stated that this was being talked about behind the scenes long before it became a topic in the public.
Banks noted that the league is looking for a better way to kick off Super Bowl week -- rather than players coming off of a plane, they could have an actual football game. There would be better attendance and more sponsors, meaning more money.
The league is all about the revenues.
Whether it becomes a long-term change or something that they try again in the Phoenix area, it could certainly be a good thing for Arizona.
- NFL free agency: Arizona Cardinals reportedly have made multi-year offer to Karlos Dansby
- 2014 NFL Draft: Ranking the top 5 cornerbacks
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Blake Bortles at the top, Arizona Cardinals get OL help
- NFL Combine: Anthony Barr's bench press low, but believes he could be No. 1 overall pick
- 2014 NFL Combine results: WRs that fit the size/speed combo for Arizona Cardinals