The Arizona Cardinals reportedly added a 10th receiver to their roster, adding a player that was out of football in 2013. According to Howard Balzer of the The Sports Xchange, receiver Tyler Speer has signed with the team.
Cardinals sign WR Tyler Speer, Winona State. Last played in 2012. Where was he in 2013?— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721) February 4, 2014
At Winona State, he caught 52 passes for 806 yards. He was listed as being 6-3, 200 pounds. He is 25 years old.
You have to think that he is a speedy guy, but there isn't much on the Web about him.
He will likely be a camp body for offseason workouts and training camp. Here are some highlights of his senior season. While the team currently has 10 receivers on its roster, Andre Roberts is set to become an unrestricted free agent.
Here is an interview with him before his final college season.
- Arizona Cardinals' willingness to restructure Larry Fitzgerald contract shows game plan going forward
- Aeneas Williams part of 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame class
- Arizona Cardinals team president Michael Bidwill, Glendale verbally spar about 2015 Super Bowl
- Arizona Cardinals HC Bruce Arians says LT not highest offseason priority
- Super Bowl odds 2015: Arizona Cardinals open at 30/1 to win their home Super Bowl