Tuesday was the first day of free agency -- and it wasn't even a full day. Perhaps the tweet of the day was this, from Bill Barnwell of Grantland.
With the Austin Howard deal in, NFL teams have handed out over one billion dollars in contracts over the last 72 hours.— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) March 12, 2014
So what were the deals?
First, lets go with the Arizona Cardinals and former Cardinals.
Arizona agreed to terms with tackle Jared Veldheer on a five-year $35 million contract. They re-signed Jay Feely, Jake Ballard and Frostee Rucker.
Linebacker Perry Riley is re-signing with Washington.
Kicker Adam Vinatieri returns to the Colts.
Safety Stevie Brown returns to the Giants.
In addition to Karlos Dansby, the Browns also add safety Donte Whitner.
Defensive end Arthur Jonesleaves the Ravens to head to the Colts.
Branden Albert, who was reportedly a target of the Arizona Cardinals, lands with the Miami Dolphins on a five-year contract worth $45 million.
San Francisco adds to their secondary and replaces Donte Whitner with Antoine Bethea on a four-year contract.
The Raiders replace Jared Veldheer with Rodger Saffold. They later added Austin Howard on an absurd five0year $30 million contract.
There will surely be more to keep up with on Wednesday.
- Jared Veldheer deal is salary cap friendly in 2014, is only $2.5 million hit in first year
- Arizona Cardinals say goodbye to Ronald Talley
- NFL free agency 2014: Arizona Cardinals announce re-signing of Frostee Rucker, Jake Ballard, Jay Feely
- Jared Veldheer agrees to 5-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals
- Karlos Dansby reportedly offered $24 million by Cleveland Browns