The Arizona Cardinals potentially could be losing another key free agent they wanted to retain. Outside linebacker Matt Shaugnessy is reportedly visiting the New England Patriots, according to ESPN's Field Yates.
Shaughnessy was brought in by Arizona on a one-year, $1 million contract and ended up being a starter at outside linebacker, a position he played for the first time in his career. He had 36 tackles and three sacks for Arizona, playing a key role in the league's number one rush defense.
He is known for being a very good defender against the run.
The Cardinals are reportedly quite interested in free agent DE/OLB Mike Neal of the Green Bay Packers. As of Wednesday morning, Arizona was very much in play for Neal still.
Will Shaughnessy go? If he does, that will make two starters on defense that leave. How will that affect the team moving forward?
- Jared Veldheer deal is salary cap friendly in 2014, is only $2.5 million hit in first year
- Arizona Cardinals say goodbye to Ronald Talley
- NFL free agency 2014: Arizona Cardinals announce re-signing of Frostee Rucker, Jake Ballard, Jay Feely
- Jared Veldheer agrees to 5-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals
- Karlos Dansby reportedly offered $24 million by Cleveland Browns