The number started hit Twitter, but even after the team's recent free agent announcements, they still have some room to wiggle with the salary cap.
However, that does not include every single contract agreed to. It was speculated that Matt Shaughnessy's two-year, $2.2 million contract was not yet posted to that amount.
As of of right now, the salary cap situation is measured by looking at the top 15 player .
According to Mike Jurecki, the the rookie pool needed about $4.2 million to do so, but really only the players taken in Rounds 1-3.
According to the NFL's transaction system, these are the free agents that have signed with the team. On Monday, it was tight end John Carlson.
Who is left to actually sign? Jay Feely is not on that list and the team announced a new contract.
As for the terms of the new contracts that are out there, we know Dwyer's contract -- it is a small risk. According to Aaron Wilson, he gets only a $65K signing bonus and the deal is for $795,000, which makes it super low-risk.Ted Larsen's contract is two years, $2.6 million, including a $470,000 signing bonus. Tight end Jake Ballard's deal is the same as Dwyer's. Marcus Benard's one year deal is worth $740,000, with no signing bonus, according to overthecap.com.
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Mel Kiper projects Darqueze Dennard to Arizona Cardinals
- ROTB Roundtable: Karlos Dansby, Free Agent Moves, and O-line Predictions
- Arizona Cardinals free agency flurry puts spotlight on Carson Palmer
- NFL free agency: Karlos Dansby explains decision to leave to Cleveland Browns
- NFL free agency: Arizona Cardinals paying for versatility, speed in Ted Ginn