There is the possibility that they add another player -- a tackle. It could be Eric Winston that returns.
The team is intrigued by Watford and believe he is ready to compete for the starting job. Fanaika was last year's starter and Larsen has been a starter already in the league at guard.
Based on salary, Larsen could be pegged to start, but he also has the profile of the guy that fills Mike Gibson's role -- backup center who can also play guard. Assuming Watford has progressed, Fanaika's spot on the roster is uncertain.
At tackle, it looks like it will be a three-way battle between Potter, Massie and Sowell.
Sowell and Potter have something going for them -- they can play both tackle positions and can also play guard. Sowell has dis it in Indy and Potter learned the position last year. Massie will likely have to win the starting job to make the team. He offers no flexibility as a reserve. Sowell appears to be a lock because he is so versatile and it wouldn't surprise me to see him be the starting right tackle.
My early roster predictions -- assuming no one else is brought in -- Veldheer, Cooper, Sendlein, Watford and Sowell as the starters. The reserves are Larsen, Potter and Fanaika. Massie doesn't make the team.
Of course, things change if Winston returns or if the team drafts another lineman. If one is drafted, they will probably go with nine linemen. If Winston returns, Potter's spot is also in doubt.
What are your early offensive line predictions?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Mel Kiper projects Darqueze Dennard to Arizona Cardinals
- ROTB Roundtable: Karlos Dansby, Free Agent Moves, and O-line Predictions
- Arizona Cardinals free agency flurry puts spotlight on Carson Palmer
- NFL free agency: Karlos Dansby explains decision to leave to Cleveland Browns
- NFL free agency: Arizona Cardinals paying for versatility, speed in Ted Ginn