After the first week of free agency, guess what? The Cardinals are in exactly the same spot, despite adding a franchise left tackle. Bovada has the Cardinals still at 33/1.
It is definitely a change to even be anywhere in the conversation, but it appears that the other teams in the division make it harder for Vegas to improve the team's odds, despite the clear improvement in one of the team's most glaring needs for years.
Denver's odds improved a little, going from 8/1 to 7/1, as they have been adding players like crazy.
At 33/1, would you make that bet on the Cardinals, and should their odds improve based on their moves over the last week?
- NFL free agency grades and reactions: Looking at Arizona Cardinals and their moves [podcast]
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Arizona Cardinals shore up pass rush, teams make run on QBs early
- NFL free agency: Eric Winston and the right tackle position for the Arizona Cardinals
- NFL free agency: Alfonso Smith not returning to Arizona Cardinals
- NFL mock draft 2014: Arizona Cardinals go Dee Ford with 20th pick, but could go QB, CB, OL