ESPN Arizona Cardinals reporter Josh Weinfuss filed a brief video report that summed up the moves that the Arizona Cardinals have made thus far during the offseason, highlighting the additions of Jared Veldheer and Ted Ginn. It did not mention Antonio Cromartie, as the video was before the announced one-year contract.
However, if you will note, Weinfuss makes a statement at the very end that should please Arizona fans.
"With Arizona's haul this offseason, the Cardinals have made strides in closing the gap between the top of the NFC West -- the Seattle Seahawks -- and themselves. In my opinion, they have cut it so close to the San Francisco 49ers, they might have actually overtaken them for the second-best team in the NFC West. Obviously, it's a long season and we still have a ways to go, but at this point, the race is getting closer by the day."
Do you agree?
Clearly the Seahawks, until proven otherwise, are the division's top team. You earn that title as the Super Bowl champions.
But are the Cardinals now better than, or at least equal to, the 49ers?
Vote on it and debate it in the comment section.
- Arizona Cardinals teammates and a free agent excited for arrival of Antonio Cromartie
- Antonio Cromartie agrees to 1-year deal with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals built to fly, but is that building to win in 2014?
- Eric Winston, other Cardinals part of NFLPA leadership
- NFL rumors: Chris Johnson connected briefly to Arizona Cardinals