It appears that there will be a pair of players that will will not be on the Arizona Cardinals in 2014. Veteran linebacker D'Qwell Jackson, recently cut by the Cleveland Browns, has reported narrowed his decision to four teams, and the Arizona Cardinals are not one of them.
Arizona reportedly reached out to Jackson attempting to set up a visit, but according to a recent report, the linebacker entering his ninth season will choose between the Dolphins, Titans, Broncos and perhaps the Colts.
It was believed that the Cardinals had interest as a backup plan in case Karlos Dansby did not re-sign with the team. He has not done so.
In other news, soon-to-be free agent receiver Andre Roberts said publicly he "won't be back in Arizona." He was a guest on NBCSN's Pro Football Talk and said, "I haven't received any phone calls from Arizona and free agency is coming up here in about a week."
He said he would test the market.
He even changed his Twitter handle. He now is @AndreRoberts_FA, after previously including Cards12 in his handle.
Hopefully he lands somewhere where he can be used more and where he can make more money. There is nothing wrong with that.
- What we know so far about the Arizona Cardinals and Karlos Dansby
- Arizona Cardinals want 'new pieces' and 'competition' on offensive line
- NFL free agency 2014: Arizona Cardinals team needs
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Post-Combine mock has Bortles No. 1 and lands Arizona Cardinals a CB
- Arizona Cardinals offseason discussion with Koffin Korner podcast