While there are many mock drafts every single week, there are two people whose mocks mean more to the public that others. One of those guys is ESPN's Todd McShay, who released his third version of how he believes the first round will go in the NFL Draft in May.
In his projections, he sees UCF QB Blake Bortles as the first overall pick by the Houston Texans, despite his believe that Teddy Bridgewater is the better quarterback and that JaDaveon Clowney is the best player overall.
Looking at the Arizona Cardinals, though, and McShay projects that the Cards will go after Michigan State cornerback Darqueze Dennard with the 20th pick in the round.
The Cardinals could look at either Anthony Barr or Zack Martin if they drop to this spot, but in this scenario I think Dennard makes sense. He isn't the fastest guy and he has solid but not elite ball skills, but I think he is the best pure cover cornerback in this class, partly due to his great instincts. He would do well opposite Patrick Peterson, and Arizona could use some depth help depending on how things shake out in free agency.
Who else was available for the Cards? Tight end Eric Ebron goes one pick later. Morgan Moses goes seven picks later. Ra'Shede Hageman goes nine picks later.
Do you agree with McShay? Would you go a different direction?
- Arizona Cardinals 2014 free agency preview and to-do list
- Arizona Cardinals free agents 2014: Why Larry Fitzgerald wants Frostee Rucker back
- Arizona Cardinals hire Buddy Morris as coach, sign center John Estes
- NFL free agency 2014: Arizona Cardinals won't get D'Qwell Jackson, aren't trying to keep Andre Roberts
- 2014 NFL free agency: Veteran RB options for the Arizona Cardinals