Fox Sports' Peter Schrager chimed on his predictions and focused on pass rusher and right tackle as the two biggest needs the team has.
He believes that the team will "make a splash" with a pass rusher at the 20th pick. He named Anthony Barr and C.J. Mosley, although Mosley plays inside, not outside.
After that, Schrager talked about players they could target on the offensive line. He named Zack Martin and Taylor Lewan as possibilities there.
Schrager does ignore at least one position of need -- safety. The truth is that is actually the team's biggest actual need. They have a stable of outside linebackers, including a productive John Abraham. They have three right tackles to battle for the starting job. While they certainly could upgrade, they have guys they seem to comfortable with.
Now I agree that pass rusher could be the the pick at number 20, but it depends on the pass rushers available. If Dee Ford or Anthony Barr are on still on the board, then yes. After them, I don't know if they like any other pass rusher that much.
Is Schrager on point here? Is pass rusher the most likely pick? Should he have focused on other positions a well?
- NFL mock draft 2014: Arizona Cardinals trade down, pick up extra 2nd rounder
- 2014 NFL Draft: Anthony Barr scouting profile video
- 2014 NFL Draft: What if Aaron Donald is available at No. 20?
- 2014 NFL Draft: Who are the top 5 OLB?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Johnny Manziel falls, lands with Arizona Cardinals