With the Arizona Cardinals wanting to add talent and physicality on the defensive line, Notre Dame nose tackle Louis Nix could be an interesting prospect.
Dan Williams is in the final year of his contract and Alameda Ta'amu is recovering from a torn ACL. His return is unknown so far.
With the 20th pick in this year's draft, could Louis Nix be a possible target for the Cardinals?
Yes, he is a player after the mold of Williams -- a space eater who probably won't be seen on the field in nickel packages -- could he be a cheaper replacement for Williams?
Nix is exactly the type of player the team needs in their base defense. He is also expected to be drafted anywhere around the end of the first round or top of the second round.
He would be a fit in Arizona, despite the players already at that position.
How comfortable would you be if the team drafted him in the first round? The team believes in taking the "best player available" according to its draft grades. How would you feel if Nix were the guy?
- 2014 NFL Draft: Scouting profile for Stephon Tuitt
- Mel Kiper mock draft says Arizona Cardinals pick QB Derek Carr at No. 20
- Arizona Cardinals OC gives specific praise for RG possibilities, cliches for RT possibilities
- 2014 NFL Draft: Darqueze Dennard scouting profile
- Arizona Cardinals running game to look similar to 2013