The Arizona Cardinals, despite a number of tight ends on the roster, very well could be in the market for a tight end coming out of the draft. The players they have so far include unfulfilled talent and unproven players.
As much as head coach Bruce Arians likes to have a tight end on the field, the team will want an impact player -- someone who can create mismatches down the field and can also help in blocking. This list includes:
1. Eric Ebron
3. Jace Amaro
4. Troy Niklas
Interestingly enough, it appears that two of the top three probably don't fit exactly what head coach Bruce Arians wants in a tight end in terms of blocking ability. That being said, Seferian-Jenkins and Fiedorowicz both would be perfect, as would Niklas.
Yes, the Cardinals went and signed John Carlson. However, based on injury history and production, between the three top guys at the position -- Carlson, Rob Housler and Jake Ballard -- you might say you could expect about one season's worth of production from the three.
Adding a top prospect to the mix would not be a bad idea. Of these guys, which do you think would be the best fit on the Cardinals offense? Is there a guy that was overlooked on this video?
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Trades galore for Arizona Cardinals in full mocks
- General manager Steve Keim explains draft process for Arizona Cardinals
- 2014 NFL Draft: Steve Keim not necessarily to draft a QB every year
- Ryan Williams ready to compete, says he is running better than before injuries
- Arizona Cardinals OC gives specific praise for RG possibilities, cliches for RT possibilities