I just wanted to give ROTB an update on Daryl Washington's sentencing. His attorney asked for the matter to be designated a misdemeanor but it was not. He was put on one year of supervised probation with no jail time. He got a Class 6 Undesignated Felony. Assuming he completes probation, it should get designated a misdemeanor. His wife also spoke on his behalf and the victim was not present in court.
While he will serve no jail time, he is not out of the woods in terms of league discipline. At some point he will have to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and he will likely receive some sort of punishment from the league.
According to recent history of suspensions related to players and felonies, he could be suspended for up to eight games. That would be a huge blow to the Arizona Cardinals defense and team as a whole.
- 2014 NFL mock draft: Trades galore for Arizona Cardinals in full mocks
- General manager Steve Keim explains draft process for Arizona Cardinals
- 2014 NFL Draft: Steve Keim not necessarily to draft a QB every year
- Ryan Williams ready to compete, says he is running better than before injuries
- Arizona Cardinals OC gives specific praise for RG possibilities, cliches for RT possibilities