I was again at mini-camp on Wednesday as part of the media group that was present to see the second day of practice for the Arizona Cardinals this week.
Here are some quick thoughts about what I saw:
1. John Abraham suited up and was there on the field to start practice. I didn't see him do any drills. I tweeted he must be feeling better after missing Tuesday's work because of illness. Apparently, that observation was premature. I then saw him walk slowly back to the facility with a trainer. He must not have fully recovered.
2. Regarding who is injured, here is who warmed up on the side with guys that have been hurt. The group included DT Alameda Ta'amu, C Tommie Draheim, WR Jaron Brown, WR Larry Fitzgerald, CB Teddy Williams, LB Ernie Sims, LB Matt Shuaghnessy, RB Zach Bauman, WR Kelsey Pope, S Deone Bucannon, RB Andre Ellington and S Tyrann Mathieu. TE Troy Niklas and LB Larry Foote were on the exercise bikes to start as well.
Once practice started, Sims, Shaughnessy, Ellington, Bauman, Pope, Bucannon, Williams and Foote all put helmets on and participated in practice and drills.
That leaves Draheim, Brown, Fitz, Ta'amu, Niklas and Mathieu as the only ones that did not practice, aside from Abraham, who left, apparently still ill.
4. I saw some kickoff drills in the open part of practice. I saw Danny Hrapmann and Chandler Catanzaro. It was probably for return purposes, but the kicks, much like Jat Feely's over the past couple of seasons, were all between the goalline and the five-yard line.
5. Bruce Arians said for the second day in a row that practice was great -- good and intense. It wasn't without mistakes, though.
6. Arians said John Brown looked like a rookie today, dropping a pass and slipping and falling during a route. Arians joked that "he's been reading his press clippings."
8. Palmer also spoke to the speed of Ted Ginn and John Brown, saying how absolutely necessary that speed it. He praised Ginn for how professional he has been since joining the team. He really wants to prove he is an NFL receiver.
Again, I will get to quotes and writeups later (I need to get caught up on Tuesday's quotes and then transcribe today's). Discuss away.
- Arizona Cardinals possibly using safeties at linebacker in some packages
- Arizona Cardinals to use one field for mini-camp, expecting players to return
- Arizona Cardinals news 6/9: RB depth chart, mini-camp
- 92 days until kickoff: Who has worn No. 92?
- Fantasy football review of Arizona Cardinals tight ends