The Arizona Cardinals gained some salary cap space on Monday as June 1 finally passed. When the team released offensive lineman Daryn Colledge, he was designated a June 1 cut, making it so the team could split up the cap hit over two seasons.
That means his calary come off the books, giving the team rough $5 million more in cap space. As of Monday evening, the NFLPA had the Cardinals with a little more than $7.3 million in salary cap space.
June 1 also achnges the game for free agency and compensatory picks. Any free agent signed at this point will not be used to calculate compensatory picks.
- Rob Housler, Andre Ellington, offensive line, rookies and Arizona Cardinals OTAs on ROTB Radio
- Daryl Washington suspension is because of NFL substance abuse policy, not domestic case
- Daryl Washington reportedly to be suspended for all of 2014
- Arizona Cardinals OTAs: Justin Bethel growing in confidence defensively
- Why the Arizona Cardinals will win 12 games this year