It's a great deal that pays him more than the tight end franchise tag and he gets more than $20 million in guaranteed money.
He tweeted this:
It's always a good look when teams take care of their GOOD players. Congrats Jimmy Graham.— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) July 16, 2014
There was a nice little message there. Notice the "good" in all caps? Peterson knows he is one of the Cardinals' GOOD players and he is due for a contract. He isn't likely to get one this offseason. He is under contract for two more seasons. Arizona picked up the fifth year option on his rookie deal, which will pay him roughly $10 million next year.
You see where he is going with the tweet? He wants the team to take care of him. So do fans. It's just not time yet. There is no real need at all to address a new contract with two years remaining.
In time it will get done and the Cardinals will look good for taking care of him. Perhaps he will even tweet something, too.
- Do the Cardinals kick the tires on Pat Angerer?
- 2014 Fantasy Football: Projections for Cardinals top fantasy weapons
- What can the Arizona Cardinals do with Larry FItzgerald?
- 2014 NFL countdown: 56 days left, what is the Cardinals history of No. 56?
- Arizona Cardinals news 7/14: Training camp position previews , high confidence