Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians has already said positive things about recently signed quarterback Drew Stanton. Stanton knows the offense already and Arians has even said "I don't think we need one," when asked about drafting one this year.
Naturally, he is going to speak positively of his players. Coaches do this all the time. In fact, Arians has also said that you can't really believe anything you hear from coaches this time of year.
What exactly do the Cardinals have in Stanton? Seth Cox, a friend of the site, did a film breakdown and really thinks that Stanton might have what it takes to be a long-term solution at quarterback.
Visit the page for the specific throws and commentary on specific things, but the gist is this:
- Stanton can throw the ball in small windows.
- He knows where he needs to go with the ball and gets rid of it.
- He can put the ball where only his receiver can make a play.
- He can throw a deep pass between defenders on a line.
- He can throw a deep slant.
- He can put touch on the ball, even on deep throws.
- He can get the ball out quickly, on a line, with depth, with accuracy