- Darren Urban, at the Cardinals official site, identifies five players who are poised for a breakout season, including Levi Brown, Antrel Rolle, Steve Breaston, Matt Leinart and Alan Branch. Needless to say, if his list is correct an those five do step up and have career years, this team is playoff bound.
- The official site also took a look at Fitzgerald's off season travels and needless to say with his pocket book he can go just about anywhere he pleases, including Brazil, Peru, New Zealand, Australia and is planning trips to Africa and Morocco. I hope his future plans also include taking this team to the promise land as well.
- The Cardinals are keeping an open mind as to which players could make an impact on special teams in the upcoming season. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie blocked several kicks in college and he could be a candidate as well as Leonard Pope Calais Campbell, both of who are 6'8.
- While every sports cast that I've seen the past week has centered around Favre's possible return to the NFL, I didn't expect to see Kurt Warner's take on it, but he offers his opinion to STL Today. He adds that he plans to play three more years before seriously considering retirement, but also said that he understands Favre's predicament.
- The Cardinals and Karlos Dansby aren't any closer to agreeing to a long term contract and both sides seem to have conceded that a deal won't get done before the July 15th deadline. Dansby wants $9 million a season, while the Cardinals are trying to stick much closer to Lofa Tatupa and Lance Briggs' contracts.