- First and foremost, the Cardinals have been granted a 24 hour extension in order to sell about 1,000 tickets to avoid a local blackout. Not only would a 'non-sellout' mean that the game would not be broadcast on channel 5 (KPHO), but it would also break the current 22 game sellout streak. Tickets are avaliable from Ticketmaster (via phone, 480-784-4444 or via their website), University of Phoenix Stadium box office, the Cardinals training facility box office in Tempe and at all participating Ticketmaster locations.
- As for an injury update for Sunday's contest against the Dolphins, Gabe Watson and Alan Branch both practiced on a limited basis yesterday and Coach Whisenhunt stated that their availability for the game is still in the air. Much of it will depend on how both guys felt today after putting some work on their injured legs. Tuman didn't practice at all and he's all but out for the game.
- The NFL reviewed the game tape from Sunday's game and have changed the ruling on Gerald Hayes' sack. He's been stripped of the stat and Chike Okeafor has been given credit for the sack. For what it's worth that gives Chike six straight games with a sack and with another one against the Dolphins he'll tie a franchise record for most consecutive games with a sack.
- Darren Urban has an story on the resurgence of Bertrand Berry and how he's adjusting to his new role in the defense. Berry's been through a lot in the past several years, including three season ending injuries that led to him taking a big pay cut in the off season, but after his first sack of the season Berry said that he felt like was "back home again."
- There are also multiple stories about how Warner's adjusting his game to the coaches' gameplans this year and how the goal is to have a balanced offense. Last year the offense passed 63% of the time but the plan is to make the play calls much closer to 50/50. Warner has always preferred to throw early and often and then throw some more and he's admittedly having a hard time getting in a rythm but he's getting more comfortable.
- The added depth on defense has been a big 'talking point' this off season and through one game, the depth showed up in a big way. The next logical step is to wonder if they can do it again and the defense will play a big role if the Cardinals make it two in a row, this Sunday. A 2-0 start would be the first time this franchise has opened the season with two wins since 1991.
Quick Hits: Arizona Cardinals Style
If you buy something from an SB Nation link, Vox Media may earn a commission. See our ethics statement.