News is coming fast and furious but unfortunately I can't find the Arizona Cardinals linked to a single free agent. I haven't heard of a single player coming to Arizona for a visit or any offers that are on the table. All the other news including Bart Scott, Derrick Ward and many others are after the jump.....
- Update #1: Bryant McFadden's first visit of free agnecy will be to AZ. He'd be a significant upgrade to the secondary. Here's what we said about him a week or so ago. A rumour that there are two Steelers visiting instead of just McFadden is floating out there.
Update #2: Antonio Smith has signed with the Houston Texans. It's a five year deal worth $35 million of which $12.5 million is "sure money". Thanks for the years of service, Antonio. See you back at UoP with the Texans this upcoming season.
- The Redskins broke the bank for Albert Haynesworth and DeAngelo Hall (thoughts DbacksSkins?).
- The Jets picked up Bart Scott for a pretty penny ($8 per season) and are hot on the trail of fellow ex-Raven DB Corey Ivy.
- The Pats took a couple of older veterans off the market by signing Fred Taylor and Chris Baker (TE).
- The Rams seem to be the front runner for Jason Brown, the top interior lineman of the free agent class.
- The Texans retained the services of defensive back Eugene Wilson.
- The Eagles opened the purse strings for former Bengal offensive tackle Stacy Andrews.
- The Titans lock up their venerable QB Collins for two years at $15 million.
- The Browns traded Kellen Winslow to Tampa Bay for undisclosed draft picks.
- The Ravens signed Dominique Foxworth to a four-year, $28 million deal that includes $16.5 million guaranteed (That's somewhat significant to the Cardinals b/c it sets the market for top-flight corners, if they're serious about McFadden.)
- Todd Haley has acquired his first player as Chiefs' head coach and it's Mike Vrabel, formerly of the New England Patriots. Have fun with him Pendy.
- The Eagles finally find a home for Lito Sheppard with the NY Jets.
- The Rams and Jason Brown have agreed upon a five-year contract.
- The Redskins welcome back Derrick Dockery after Bills released him.
- Arizona East? I think not. Try New England West as the Chiefs trade for Matt Cassel.
- Broncos free agent "all you can sign buffet" continues with Brian Dawkins, Andra Davis, and Darrell Reid. Broncos...Redskins West?
- The Cowboys replace a fomer London Monarch with a former Barcelona Dragon in rare player-for-player trade. Keith Brooking joins Jones' circus as well.
- Former Cardinal Bryant Johnson has signed with the Detroit Lions, whom we play in 2009.
- Rocky Bernard will now be plugging the A-gap for the Giants. Chris Canty also signs giving New York an even stronger defensive prescence.
This is your forum to cuss and discuss any and all free agent news. As new signings happen, leave a comment and we'll add them to the story.