With the draft only weeks away and free agency already a couple weeks passed, this is the official down-time of the off-season. This occurs when low-key free agents are signed, and you've already been told who the Cardinals will draft over 20 times by now. With that being said, there has been some Cardinal-related news and stories around the web, and to update that, here are some quick hits:
- Former Cardinals' center Al Johnson, was signed by the Patriots yesterday. Johnson had a couple knee injuries as a Cardinal and was released after a season-ending injury last year. Johnson will likely be a back up center to pro bowler, Dan Koppen.
- As reported below, another Cardinal, Monty Beisel was signed by Arizona East, and was likely because of new defensive coordinator, Clancy Pendergast. This is Beisel's second ride with the Chiefs.
- This actually occured last week, but RotB didn't address it: Former cornerback Eric Green was signed by the Miami Dolphins to a multi-year contract. Myself and CG actually provided them with an analysis of the former redbird which you can see here.
- Mike Sando shows a scouting report of what new RB Jason Wright brings to the Cardinals.
- Also from Sando, a look at what the Cardinals needs are heading into the draft and you guessed it, a running back.
- Over at CBSsports, they address the Cardinals secondary, saying they could be one of the top in the league next year.
- From bleacherreport, they explain that the Cardinals will be no exception to the Super Bowl hangover.
- Update: Hat tip to Bezerika for tipping us off that Kurt Warner had surgery on his hip yesterday. The surgery wasn't a surprise and it was successful. He'll be back in time for OTA's.