The Cardinals had two practices yesterday highlighted of course by Early Doucet's spectacular catch but rough landing but today should be a slower day considering that there is only an afternoon practice.
- Training Camp Notebook - Antrel Rolle looks forward to the opportunity as a punt returner, Doucet's shoulder problem is just a sprain and Warner's hip is in pain but he won't rest. Rolle relishes any opportunity to get the ball in his hands and returning punts is no different, but Whisenhunt is still leaning towards Steve Breaston as a kick and punt returner. Doucet sprained his left shoulder and hopes that he can return in about a week. If he meets his timetable, he should still be eligible to play in the preseason opener but there won't be much wiggle room. Kurt Warner admitted to the media that his hip is causing him more pain than he was anticipating but insisted that it won't cost him practice time or snaps in the preseason. He and the trainers are still trying to find the best course of action for rehab while he participates in camp.
- Art of the Pass Rush - The Cardinals will have to put more pressure on the QB in 2009 and guys like Bertrand Berry, Clark Haggans and Chike Okeafor will be the primary guys responsible for bringing the heat.
- Dockett isn't Dockett anymore - Darnell Dockett says "don't call me Dockett anymore." He now wants fans and the media to refer to him as "NINE-O" but he also added that he's not going to go Ocho Cinco on us, it's just a nickname.
- Fitzgerald emerging as team leader - How can Larry Fitzgerald improve upon last year? He's already done it, by emerging as a leader.
- Looking at depth - The Cardinals probably won't distribute a depth chart until next week, a few days before they play Pittsburgh in the preseason opener on Aug. 13, but Kent Somers does his best to come us a picture of how that depth chart might look.
- Cardinals address defense - Mike Sando wraps up his time as Cardinals training camp with some questions and observations.