With the regular season having finished up Bezekira finds himself brandishing some NFC West Champion prize swag and bragging rights for the whole off-season. Competition was tight in RotB Pick'em and fun to follow along with, so why stop with the regular season? With some Cardinals' <<sips Kool-aid>> Super Bowl 44 swag on the line, it's time to introduce the RotB Playoffs Pick'em format.
- The entire weekend's bracket of games must be predicted before the first game's kick-off time. To qualify for the "grand prize" the entire NFL playoff schedule must be picked; miss a single game and you're disqualified.
- Pick a winner and final score.
- Pick'em Points are awarded based on a correctly picked winner and how close your predicted score is to the actual final score.
- Whoever has the highest Pick'em Point total after the Super Bowl is the winner.
Pick'em Points are assigned as follows:
- Correctly picked winner earns 50 points minus the difference between your predicted score and the actual score. An exact score match earns a 10 point bonus.
- Incorrect picks earn 20 points minus the difference between your predicted score and the actual score.
For example, if you pick the Cardinals to beat the Packers 6-3 and the final score is 26-13 Cardinals, you'd earn a total of 20 Pick'em Points (final score is 30 points off the predicted score). If you had picked the Packers to win 21-17 in the same scenario, you'd earn 3 points (17 points off the respective teams' scores but wrong winner). Clearly the closer you are to reality the more points you earn with even a close incorrect pick giving you enough points to keep you in the running over the course of the playoffs.
2009 Season Wild Card Weekend Schedule
|NYJ||CIN||Sat., 4:30 PM||NBC|
|PHI||DAL||Sat., 8 PM||NBC|
|BAL||NE||Sun., 1 PM||CBS|
|GB||ARI||Sun., 4:40 PM||FOX|