With the 16th pick of the Revenge of the Birds community mock draft, the Tennessee Titans select...
Sean Weatherspoon | Linebacker | Missouri
Strengths: Aside from his frame, Weatherspoon is also a tackling machine. As a starter at Missouri, he averaged 129 tackles per season and was the leader of the defense. He has good instincts and reaction speed and he can identify screens and bootlegs very quickly. He's a chase defender and can gain momentum downhill in a hurry. Weatherspoon is also very good against the run and has good instincts to find the ball carrier and lay a lick.
Weaknesses: He'll sometimes overshoot a run and can find himself staring at the back of a running back if he's not careful. He's a bit undersized to play in the middle(6'1, 239 lbs), and some teams may worry he's not the ideal inside linebacker. He tends to avoid blocks and can get lost in the shuffle as a result.
Why the Titans will draft Weatherspoon: The Titans need to look for a DE, LB, CB, or DT. Out of the four they will go for a LB. Stephen Tullochis not a good ILB and there is no depth behind him. David Thornton is too injury prone and getting older. Keith Bulluck was let go from the team and was replaced with a much worse Will Witherspoon. The Titans need to add a rotational or starting OLB/ILB. Sean Weatherspoon out of Missouri could be a great fit here. Weatherspoon can play inside or outside. This makes him viable to replace Tulloch in the middle or Witherspoon and Thornton on the outside. Titans take Sean Weatherspon LB out of Missouri.
Thanks to kj197728 for making the pick, that move puts lorenzothedog on the clock with the San Francisco 49ers pick that will be posted later today. Cardscrazy247 is now on deck with the Pittsburgh Steelers pick - please send this to me today at firstname.lastname@example.org. The remaining picks are after the jump...
- St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB
- Detroit - Russell Okung, OT
- Tampa Bay - Ndamukong Suh, DT
- Washington - Bryan Bulaga, OT
- Kansas City - Eric Berry, S
- Seattle - Gerald McCoy, DT
- Cleveland - Jimmy Clausen, QB
- Oakland - Trent Williams, OT
- Buffalo - Bruce Campbell, OT
- Jacksonville - Joe Haden, CB
- Denver - Rolando McClain, LB
- Miami - Earl Thomas, S
- San Francisco - C.J. Spiller, RB
- Seattle - Dez Bryant, WR
- New York Giants - Derrick Morgan, DE
- Tennessee - Sean Weatherspoon, LB
- San Francisco - lorenzothedog
- Pittsburgh - Cardscrazy247
- Atlanta - durst
- Houston - DaCards
- Cincinnati - LAcardsfan
- New England - Hadrarius
- Green Bay - notliketheboardgame
- Philadelphia - robloosli
- Baltimore - Skii
- Arizona - ROTB community
- Dallas - manderson367
- San Diego - WhiffSD
- New York Jets - Drullin'OverDaCards
- Minnesota - tooman234
- Indianapolis - TheAngelsColts
- New Orleans - Reo Hayes