Little did I know that my wife and child's frequent vomiting Wednesday through Friday last week was a foreshadowing of my Pick'em ability in 2010, but in that I'm not alone. Nine participants couldn't even rack up a single week's worth of survival as our predicted victors (Browns, Lions, 49ers, & Chargers) were found with their collective heads on a pike after the final whistle. The majority of the predictions were accurate, mostly due to Adrian Wilson's and Steven Breaston's heroics on Sunday, as 24 participants survive to predict in Week 2.
If you skipped last week intentionally, here's your chance to jump in while there's still 16 weeks left in the season. A reprise of the Pick'em Survival rules is after the jump.
|Week One Survivors
||209Cardsfan, AJ BirdWatcher, AlaskanCard, az78true, b0rd3rline, blank_38, boogatt66, CardsIrish, Cuckoo for Coco Puffs, Dem_Cardz, Drullin'OverDaCards, Elrupps, hadrarius, jallred350, manphibian, quid pro quo, Red Reign, Reo Hays, robloosli, sc464, SenSurround, StuckinColorado, Tbru, toolman234
|Bring Out Your Dead
||DaCards, Greg Esposito, Hawkwind, hevchv, Irishcardinal, Jessesb, kj197728, SunsFanForever, Thomaldo
Pick'em Survival is relatively straightforward:
- You pick ONE team to win each week. You don't pick every game, just one team that will win each week out of one game. If you pick a team and they fail to win, you are eliminated, with no chance to join again (it's a thrill-ride I know).
- Another determining factor in the Survival Pick'em League is that you cannot select a single team more then once in the season. So save a "hot" team for a week of unfavourable match-ups. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. I'll check your submissions leading up to game day and if I note you're using a team for a second time, I'll ask you to change. If you don't change or I don't notice until too late, your steak ends.
- The winner of the league needs to have the longest stretch of games picked correctly. You can start your picks late, depending on a favorable match up that starts later, but be careful you don't start too late. You can also end your streak whenever you want but don't end it too early, or somebody could pass your stretch. So if SenSurround picks week 1 through week 11 correct, then SenSurround has lasted through 64% of the season. If hevchv doesn't start till week 3, then picks through week 17 correct, he lasted 88% of the season and he would win. If we end up with a tie, the tie breaker is the lowest winning percentage of the teams used to survive. If it's still a tie, we'll get creative.
- You cannot skip a week once you start the streak. You miss a week your streak is done.
- Submission are simple: post your ONE team every week. You are responsible to remember which teams you've used in previous weeks. The only deadline is to submit your pick before that game's opening kick off time, so it's feasible to party hard all weekend and still use one of the MNF teams to keep the streak going..if either of those teams haven't already been used earlier in the season.