With the 2011 NFL schedule now out and with the lockout and draft having been the only two real topics of discussion we have had for some time, people are looking way too deeply into the individual teams schedules. We here are ROTB are no different. We already want to give you our thoughts on the Arizona Cardinals 2011 NFL schedule and also look ahead at the matchups, trying to look at what it will take for the Cards to return to the postseason.
My thoughts on the Cardinals 2011 schedule can be found on SB Nation Arizona, so have a look at what is there, but a quick rundown is in order:
- The Cards begin and end the season at home. This is very good.
- They finish the season with four of the final five at home. Also good. However, preceding those five weeks are five weeks in which they play on the road four times. That will be a rough stretch.
- Eight games (six teams) are against teams with questions at the quarterback position. This won't really matter because the Cards have QB issues of their own.
- There are no prime time Cardinals games. Are we surprised? However, if they are competitive and in the playoff hunt, they could have their games "flexed" to Sunday night.
- 2010 records indicate that the 2011 schedule for the Cards is the weakest in the league once again. It is way too early to say that because all those bad teams are trying to improve. Plus, that is mostly due to the fact that they play in the NFC West.