As noted not too long ago, the owners voted to ratify the proposed agreement that was negotiated with the players. The NFL sent out a press release outlining what will happen, provided the NFLPA does a couple of things. It means that within the next week, things will be back to normal.
Hit the jump for the details:
Here is what the players must do:
- They must vote to ratify the agreement.
- They must reconstitute as a union
- Open team facilities on Saturday
- On Sunday, teams may begin to sign undrafted players.
- On Wednesday, the league year would begin, along with trades and free agency
- Training camps could begin as early as Wednesday.
- The agreement is ten years and there will be no early opt-out clause.