The first day of 2012 ushers in the end of the 2011 season for a majority of NFL franchises, the Arizona Cardinals being no exception, their playoff chances squandered last week in Cincinnati. Their opponents today are division rivals, and another team with a current record of 7 - 8. The Seattle Seahawks come to UOP stadium after a loss last week in Candlestick Park. Their playoff chances sealed in that loss as well.
This game is for pride, for 8 - 8, for division placement. And the last opportunity for players to make their cases for positions in 2012. See who won't get that chance because of injury.
- QB Kevin Kolb - We all know the reason why. I don't dislike the guy. I want him to get his chance. But I question his physicality. He's missed nearly half a season.
- RB Beanie Wells - I didn't see this one coming. Perhaps a knee flare up. Perhaps just getting Wells some rest when 7 - 9 and 8 - 8 isn't a big jump. I'll be curious to the reason.
- FS Kerry Rhodes - It could be the foot active up after playing a full game, or it could again be the 7 - 9, 8 - 8 argument.
- WR Stephen Williams - Numbers game.
- WR DeMarco Sampson - Numbers game.
- OT - D. J. Young - Numbers game.
- OLB Brandon Williams - Numbers game.
- CB Phillip Adams
- G Paul Fanaika
- SS Jeron Johnson
- OT Jarriel King
- DT Lazarius Levingston
- QB Josh Portis
- ILB Malcolm Smith