I am assuming our long-time pick 'em man, Hawkwind, won't be doing the playoff pick 'em either this year. I have enjoyed Hawk's pick 'em leagues for a few years now, and am copying the rules from him, I hope he is ok with that. If I am mistaken, then you have my sincere apologies Hawk, and by all means take over for the duration of the playoffs.
Anyway, those unfamiliar with playoff pick 'em, here are the rules:
- The entire weekend's bracket of games must be predicted before the first game's kick-off time. To qualify for the Playoff Pick'em Championship, the entire NFL playoff schedule must be picked; miss a single game and you're disqualified. With the possibility of negative points in any given game, this rule is a must!
- Pick a winner and final score, not total points!
- Pick'em Points are awarded based on a correctly picked winner and how close your predicted score is to the actual final score.
- Whoever has the highest Pick'em Point total after the Super Bowl is the winner.
Pick'em Points are assigned as follows:
- Correctly picked winner earns 50 points minus the difference between your predicted score and the actual score. An exact score match earns a 10 point bonus (so 60 points total).
- Incorrect picks earn 20 points minus the difference between your predicted score and the actual score.
For example, if you pick the Lions to beat the Saints 6-3 and the final score is 26-13 Lionss, you'd earn a total of 20 Pick'em Points (final score is 30 points off the predicted score). If you had picked the Saints to win 21-17 in the same scenario, you'd earn 3 points (17 points off the respective teams' scores but wrong winner). Clearly the closer you are to reality the more points you earn with even a close incorrect pick giving you enough points to keep you in the running over the course of the playoffs.
2012 Wild Card Schedule:
Cincinnati @ Houston
Minnesota @ Green Bay
Indianapolis @ Baltimore
Seattle @ Washington
Get the latest Arizona Cardinals news with Revenge of the Birds