This pick was actually submitted by two readers after there was no one to do it. blank_38 and Cardsdefense.
With the sixth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State.
(Cardsdefense) This is a no brainer. Jeff Fisher and Co. are off to great start rebuilding this team. After securing a bounty of draft picks in the RGIII trade the Rams have drafted the consensus #1 receiver in the 2012 draft class. This has got to be a dream come true for Sam Bradford who finally has a talented playmaker to throw to. We can now look forward to epic battles of JB81 vs PP21 for several years.
(blank_38) The Rams have invested heavily in WR without much luck the past couple of years. With their pick, they will choose Justin Blackmon out of Oklahoma St. He is a two-time Biletnikoff Award winner and would more than likely have been the third wide receiver selected in the 2011 NFL Draft after A.J. Green and Julio Jones. He's a physical, super competitive wideout with reliable hands and should become Anquan Boldin for the Rams. The only knocks on him are he's 6'1 and his speed leaves something to be desired but the Rams get the guy they may have take 2nd overall at #5.
Another perfect pick with the talent and the need to match on behalf of the team. Cardinals fans have seen the difference with a guy like Larry Fitzgerald. Blackmon is not Fitz, but he will have a huge impact and give Sam Bradford the target he needs.
Bad news for the NFC West.
What do you think?
Here is the rest of the schedule and the draft so far. Please sign up for another team.
1. Colts (psknapp), Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
2. Redskins (psknapp), Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
3. Vikings (blank_38), Matt Kalil, OT, USC
4. Browns (Cardsdefense), Trent Richardson, RB. Alabama
5. Bucs (b0rd3rline) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
6. Rams (blank_38 and Cardsdefense) Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St
7. Jags (due Friday 10PM AZT) J Steezy
8. Dolphins (due Saturday 10PM AZT) alaskancard
9. Panthers (due Sunday 10PM AZT) hevchv
10. Bills (due Monday, April 2 10PM AZT) ALL THE REST OF PICKS DUE BY 10 PM AZT skid83
11. Chiefs (Tues April 3) StuckinColorado
12. Seahawks (Wed April 4) LAcardsfan
13. Cardinals (Thurs April 5) GreaZzy
14. Cowboys (Friday April 6) KDean75
15. Eagles (Sat April 7) kj197728
16. Jets (Sun April 8) DrullinOverDaCards
17. Bengals (Mon April 9) CincyFan93
18. Chargers (Tues April 10) blank_38
19. Bears (Wed April 11) Kdean75
20. Titans (Thurs April 12)
21. Bengals (Fri April 13) CincyFan93
22. Browns (Sat April 14) Cardsdefense
23. Lions (Sun April 15)
24. Steelers (Mon April 16) Steamin Beamin
25. Broncos (Tues April 17) lacardsfan
26. Texans (Wed April 18) b0rd3rline
27. Patriots (Thurs April 19) psknapp
28. Packers (Fri April 20) GreaZzy
29. Ravens (Sat April 21)
30. 49ers (Sun April 22)
31. Patriots (Mon April 23) psknapp
32. Giants (Tues April 24) skid83