This pick was made by CincyFan93
With the 21st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
Lamar Miller of Miami is a big play waiting to happen. His quickness, agility, and speed are all top notch, and he's a threat to take it the distance any time he touches the ball. He suffered a shoulder injury during the season, which limited some of his power and willingness to finish runs, but playing through the pain and rushing for over 1,200 yards speaks about his toughness and ability to runbetween the tackles. He'll never be an overpowering runner, but he can carry the ball between the tackles to balance out his big play ability. By declaring after just his redshirt sophomore season, some teams want want to develop his all around skills such as receiving and blocking before making him their featured back, but he has the natural rushing skills to be one. While he adjusts to the NFL level, he can also provide a boost on special teams, because he is a dangerous kick returner as well. Miller clocked the best 40 time among all RB's at the combine, while checking in at 5'11 212lbs.
The Bengals are in need of a running back, with the departure of Cedric Benson. There should be a nice cornucopia of backs to choose from with the offseason signing of BenJarvus Green-Ellis. With Bernard Scott not preforming as highly as everyone had hoped and Brian Leonard being used solely on third down and passing situations, Miller and Green-Ellis we be the main one-two punch combo of backs for the Bengals. Though drafting a guard at this point would have been ideal, it didnt seem wise to draft a guard that was not worth his value at this pick. So it seems like the Bengals will have to wait till the second round and find some hidden talent in a guard then.
This was a bit of a surprise to me, but looking around, I have seen some mock drafts with him going right here. Considering the state of the NFL, it almost seems like a running back at all in the first round is a stretch unless he is someone like Trent Richardson, who is seen as an elite, special back.
Is Miller that? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
5. Bucs (b0rd3rline) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jags (JSteezy) Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
16. Jets (DrullinOverDaCards) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
17. Bengals (CincyFan93) Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
21. Bengals (CincyFan93) Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
22. Browns (Sat April 14) Cardsdefense
23. Lions (Sun April 15)
24. Steelers (Mon April 16) Steamin Beamin
25. Broncos (Tues April 17) lacardsfan
26. Texans (Wed April 18) b0rd3rline
27. Patriots (Thurs April 19) psknapp
28. Packers (Fri April 20) GreaZzy
29. Ravens (Sat April 21)
30. 49ers (Sun April 22)
31. Patriots (Mon April 23) psknapp
32. Giants (Tues April 24) skid83