This pick was made by Stemain' Beamin'
I'd imagine the Steelers wouldn't be very pleased if the draft were to pan out this way, primarily because their need has been picked clean in the first 23 picks. Three tackles, two guards and even a center are already off the board leaving the Steelers to do what they do very well, sit back and take the BPA (at least arguably). A case could be made for others (Devon Still, Dont'a Hightower, Kendall Wright or a couple of corners), but Poe is a legit first round prospect with a very unique skill set. While questions remain about his on the field play measuring up to his workout numbers, the Steelers can't pass up this golden opportunity to roll the dice and find out if Poe is Casey Hampton's replacement.
Given Hampton's age (turning 35 in September) and injury situation (ACL surgery in January), this pick could be an absolute steal for the Steelers, who don't have an immediate replacement at the nose. Poe (6'3, 346) is an amazing athlete who wowed scouts at the combine by running a sub-5.0 forty and there was instant talk of him rising up draft boards, even as far as a top 10 pick. As the dust has settled from the combine though, people have started to question why this physical freak didn't dominate his competition like he should have at Memphis and the once fast rising prospect is now sitting in a bit of limbo. This isn't a guy I could see the Steelers trading up for but if he falls all the way to 24, I'm betting they can't get to the podium fast enough.
This is not only a potential value pick considering the drop he has made in this mock draft, but it definitely fills a team need. The questions about why he did not dominate more in college are valid, but as the Steelers are a team that likes to bring rookies along slowly, so by doing that, hopefully he develops that fire in his belly. He is potentially exactly the type of defensive tackle they want in their defensive schemes.
5. Bucs (b0rd3rline) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
7. Jags (JSteezy) Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina
16. Jets (DrullinOverDaCards) Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
17. Bengals (CincyFan93) Stephen Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
23. Lions Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
24. Steelers (Steamin Beamin) Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
25. Broncos (Tues April 17) lacardsfan
26. Texans (Wed April 18) b0rd3rline
27. Patriots (Thurs April 19) psknapp
28. Packers (Fri April 20) GreaZzy
29. Ravens (Sat April 21)
30. 49ers (Sun April 22)
31. Patriots (Mon April 23) psknapp
32. Giants (Tues April 24) skid83