The Arizona Cardinals had a setback with cornerback and special teams standout Justin Bethel on Thursday. After being cleared to practice on Wednesday following the concussion he suffered last Sunday, he did not participate in Thursday's practice.
Outside of Bethel, only two players were even limited in practice -- receivers Michael Floyd and Brittan Golden. Everyone was a full participant. The rest of the players listed on the injury report were John Abraham (hamstring), center Mike Gibson (illness), Carson Palmer (hand) and Frostee Rucker (calf).
The Colts saw two new names added. Running back Trent Richardson had an issue with a calf and was limited in practice on Thursday. Linebacker Kavell Conner was also limited with an ankle injury.
Half of their starting secondary was still missing in action in practice. Cornerback Greg Toler (groin) and safety LaRon Landry (toe) did not practice. Likewise, fullback Stanley Havli (concussion) was absent from practice.
Aside from Richardson and Conner, cornerback Josh Gordy (groin) and running back Dan Herron (ankle) were also limited.
Receiver Derrius Heyward-Bay (ankle) and safety Delano Howell (neck) were full participants in practice.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals interview roundup
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars: Carson Palmer and Michael Floyd are the teammates of the week
- Figuring out what the Cardinals need to do to make the playoffs
- Arizona Cardinals podcast: Playoff chances, Carson Palmer, Michael Floyd and reviewing the win over the Jags
- NFL roster moves: Arizona Cardinals add Bryan McCann to replace Teddy Williams