One of the biggest disagreements that Arizona Cardinals fans have had with head coach Bruce Arians is how he has used rookie running back Andre Ellington. He has been the team's best playmaker, but Rashard Mendenhall continues to get more carries.
Fantasy football owners and fans alike have been calling for #FreeEllington, with the hope that he will start getting more carries.
However, it isn't that simple. The coaches, and even general manager Steve Keim, do not see him as an every down player in the running game. They don't believe that he can physically take the beating of 25-30 touches per game.
They believe that he should get between 15-20 touches between running the ball and catching the ball. For the most part, they have been successful in doing that.
Despite the team's belief in limiting his touches and snaps, do you agree with Ufford? Do you think he should be the guy to get most of the carries?
More from Revenge of the Birds:
Follow @revengeofbirds Follow @SBNationNFL
- Arizona Cardinals interview roundup
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars: Carson Palmer and Michael Floyd are the teammates of the week
- Figuring out what the Cardinals need to do to make the playoffs
- Arizona Cardinals podcast: Playoff chances, Carson Palmer, Michael Floyd and reviewing the win over the Jags
- NFL roster moves: Arizona Cardinals add Bryan McCann to replace Teddy Williams