The Arizona Cardinals came away with a 17-0 win to kick off the preseason. People have talked about the play of the receivers, rookie Tyrann Mathieu and also the offensive. In fact, Pro Football Focus pointed these out in their refocus of the game the Cards played against Green Bay.
The offensive line was praised, especially given the context. Chilo Rachal had a poor grade (-3.5), but the line earned (minus Rachal) a pass blocking score of +3.6. The run blocking, though, was not good.
The play of Jaron Brown and Charles Hawkins was noticed. Brown graded at a +2.4 for the game and Hawkins at +1.1.
Mathieu was the star of the game, with the highest overall grade at +2.9.
Can they keep up the performance against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday in front of a home crowd? That is yet to be seen.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- The good, the bad, the ugly from Cardinals vs. Packers
- Cardinals vs. Packers defensive playing time
- Playing time on offense for the Arizona Cardinals against the Green Bay Packers
- Announcing the ROTB fantasy league(s) through Yahoo!
- Arizona Cardinals injury update: Williams might not play, WRs back in practice