Arizona Cardinals fans will be familiar with the team radio show the Big Red Rage. It is back. Now they have a new player host. It is defensive end Calais Campbell.
Listen to the show using the embedded player or by downloading the file here directly.
The broadcast crew of Paul Calvisi and Ron Wolfley started off the show talking to general manager Steve Keim, where he highlighted a few things about the offseason and the preseason home opener on Saturday against the Cowboys.
1. He said that Michael Floyd has had the best offseason of the team.
2. He said that head coach Bruce Arians has a few tricks up his sleeve on Saturday against Dallas.
3. He talked about how Arians is all about accountability and there are still concerns they have about the team.
4. Mental errors are still an issue and Arians is now dropping the hammer on guys.
However, one of the biggest topics of conversation was that of rookie Tyrann Mathieu. Keim talked about what the rookie brings to the table. He told the story of last Friday's game.
He played in all four quarters and when he was told it was time to come out, he didn't want to because it had been over a year since he played in real game action. "He is ready to turn the page," said Keim. His football intelligence "is off the charts."
Keim also talked about the other rookies like Kevin Minter "The Silent Assassin" and Jonathan Cooper.
Cambell then joined the show as the new player host.
He talked about being excited because he is still here in Arizona.
He also talked about the new defense, saying that it isn't much different, but that it is quite different. He said they have different ways to blitz and they attack differently...and that the formations are different. So I guess it isn't that similar at all.
As the show is made available, we will share it here and give you a forum to talk about it.
That forum is here and now!
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Cardinals vs. Packers film review: What went wrong on the long pass to James Jones
- NFL predictions: Arizona Cardinals projected to go 9-7 in full season prognostication
- Drew Stanton is the perfect backup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals' Levi Brown facing best of the best
- Rookie Tyrann Mathieu to start for Rashad Johnson vs Dallas Cowboys
Keep up with Cardinals news and opinions when you are not on the site. Follow Revenge of the Birds on Twitter at @revengeofbirds and "like" us on Facebook. You can follow me individually at @senorjessroot.