The Arizona Cardinals will have their preseason home finale on Saturday night against the San Diego Chargers. Being the third preseason game, it means that it will look the most like a regular season game because it is the game that teams use for overall rhythm for the starters. The final preseason game is typically used to determine the back end of the roster, but the players battling for playing time with starting packages will win or lose them this weekend.
As such, Bruce Arians said last weekend that the starters would play into the third quarter. How much? On Thursday he said it would be one series.
He said that he wanted the team to be able to go into halftime and make their adjustments like they would during the regular season and then implement them after the half.
Enjoy! Preseason game three is the closest thing to regular season football that we get until they open on the road in St. Louis.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Fan poll: Who will win kickers battle, Jay Feely or Dan Carpenter?
- Tyrann Mathieu moving up the depth chart for the Arizona Cardinals
- Fantasy football predictions for Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, more
- NFL roster moves: Arizona Cardinals add K Dan Carpenter, release Robert Gill, Robby Toma
- Arizona Cardinals pass rush versus Green Bay Packers: Who got it done