The Arizona Cardinals released the list of players that will not play in their preseason opener in Green Bay against the Packers. The list includes several that were expected, like Ryan Williams and Daryn Colledge, but also rookie Andre Ellington, who suffered a neck injury in practice is also being held out.
Here is who is not playing...although they might dress. It isn't like the regular season with an inactive list.
- RB Andre Ellinngton (neck)
- WR Robert Gill (hamstring)
- WR Kerry Taylor (hamstring)
- CB Jamell Fleming (hamstring)
- RB Ryan Williams (knee)
- LB Karlos Dansby (hamstring)
- LB Alex Okafor (ankle)
- G Daryn Colledge (leg)
- TE Kory Sperry (ankle)
- TE Jeff King (knee)
- DT Dan Williams (ankle)
- DT Ricky Lumpkin (ankle)
Not dressing for AZ: Gill, Taylor, Fleming, R. Williams, D. Williams, Dansby, Okafor, Colledge, King, Sperry, Lumpkin, Hagans, Giordano.— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) August 9, 2013
Looks like rookie RB Andre Ellington will dress and should get some significant playing time depending on his neck/head situation. #AZvsGB— Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss) August 9, 2013
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals add DL Cordian Hagans, release Josh Hill
- Cardinals vs. Packers: 4 defensive players to watch
- Cardinals vs. Packers: 5 questions about Green Bay before 1st preseason game
- What will make the Arizona Cardinals stronger in 2013?
- Arizona Cardinals rookies Tyrann Mathieu, others get new haircuts