The 2014 Pro Football Hall of Fame nominees were announced and the Arizona Cardinals have a few former players and a former coach that are going to be considered for enshrinement.
The list is headlined by cornerback Aeneas Williams, who was a finalist the last two years.
The players and coaches with Cardinals connections are:
- Aeneas Williams -- the great cornerback that was arguably as good as Deion Sanders without the Prime Time flash.
- Fullback Larry Centers -- he was almost literally the Cardinals offense in the 90s, catching an absurd amount of passes, including a then-record 101 passes one season.
- Eric Metcalf -- known for his return skills, he played for the Cardinals one season in 1998.
- Tackle Lomas Brown, who, after 10 years anchoring the Lions line, played three season with the Cardinals and probably was the best tackle the team had since coming to Arizona.
- DE Dexter Manley -- a great pass rusher in his day, he had one forgettable season in Arizona in 1990.
- LB Ken Harvey -- he was drafted by the Cardinals and played his first six seasons in the desert. He had 89 career sacks.
- Coach Don Coryell -- he was the Cardinals head coach from 1973-77.