Lions (-1) at Cardinals: Admittedly, it is hard not to be a homer. However, the Arizona offense looked so much better than last year in Week 1 that you have to feel there is more hope. Plus, when they were awful, they managed to pulverize the Lions in 2012 38-10. Arizona is also very tough to play at home. I lean towards Arizona, but in real life would never wager this game. Pick: Cardinals, +1.0.
Saints (-3.5) at Bucs: Tampa couldn't even beat the Jets. Plus, Tampa is 3-16 against the spread at home as an underdog. New Orleans has its mojo back with Sean Payton at the helm. Pick: Saints, -3.5.
Jaguars at Raiders (-5.5): In the Bridgewater Bowl, the Jags actually come out winners, but not in the game. The Jags scored zero offensive points. Terrelle Pryor creates a semblance of offense, so that should be enough, especially at home. Pick: Raiders, -5.5.
49ers at Seahawks (-3.0): This is the eyebrow shaving game. San Fran looked very, very good against Green Bay while Seattle slugged one out against the Panthers. Colin Kaepernick was historically good and Russell Wilson was beat up a bit. However, in Seattle, where the fans a re a huge factor, you have to lean towards the Seahawks. Pick: Seattle, -3.0.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals give contract extension to OL Paul Fanaika
- Cardinals vs. Rams review: What we learned from the 27-24 loss
- Cardinals vs. Lions: How to stop Detroit offense
- In the Bruce Arians offense, quarterbacks are expected to take hits
- NFL injury report, Week 2: Rob Housler misses practice, Larry Fitzgerald with a hamstring injury