The Arizona Cardinals will head on the road and take on the New Orleans Saints. Vegas opened their betting line and the Cards are not given much of a shot. To open the week of betting, the Saints were favored by 7.5 points. The over/under for scoring opened at 48.5 points.
Since the open, the line has already moved. One sports book has the line now at -9 in favor of the Saints, while most of the others moved in the Cards' direction, holding currently at seven points even.
So far, Arizona is 2-0 against the spread. As 4.5 point underdogs in Week 1, they lost by only three. Last week at home, Arizona was a one-point underdog. Of course, they won outright, rallying to a 25-21 victory.
If the line ends at higher than seven, I would take those points and wager on Arizona, who is proving to be a tough team. They appear to be a team that will keep games close, regardless of whether they win or lose.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- ROTB Roundtable: Improved Areas, Concerns, and Important Factors
- Lions vs. Cardinals: Breaking down the defensive sets
- Lions vs. Cardinals review: Talking defensive schemes, young players and more on the ROTB podcast
- Cardinals vs. Lions: The good, the bad and the ugly
- Cardinals vs. Lions Review: What We Learned From The 25-21 Victory