The Arizona Cardinals open their 2013 season on the road against a division rival -- a team that beat them twice in 2012. The St. Louis Rams, who wen 4-1-1 in the division a season ago, naturally is favored in their home opener.
The Arizona Cardinals are not viewed in Vegas as potentially successful team in 2013. The opening line for the game has Arizona as four-point underdogs on the road.
Arizona was 0-3 on the road against division foes in 2012. They suffered their first loss of the season to the Rams, when quarterback Kevin Kolb was massacred that game. They lost 11 of their last 12 games.
Now, in 2013, Vegas at least is predicting some points to be scored. The opening over/under for points scored is 40. The Arizona offense should be improved and the Rams have added weapons on their end. Both, though, are still expected to have physical defenses.
Make your wagering decision wisely.
More from Revenge of the Birds:
- Arizona Cardinals practice squad: Kerry Taylor among 5 added to roster
- NFL Week 1, Cardinals vs. Rams preview: A look at the St. Louis passing attack
- An updated look at the Arizona Cardinals depth chart
- 9/2 Arizona Cardinals news: Looking ahead to the Rams, waiver claims
- Arizona Cardinals announce additions of Sowell, Ta'amu; cut McCann, Demens