It's that time of the year where Cardinals fans will be inundated with different mock scenarios every week from all corners of the
The biggest and most recognizable name in the NFL Draft world though is Mel Kiper, Jr.
While his actual draft insight may or may not be great, his name is respected and he has been doing it for years, so when he drops his Mock v1.0, everyone listens.
For the Cardinals, it's as simple as protecting Carson Palmer and strengthening the run game in year two of the Bruce Arians regime, as they are projected to take Notre Dame tackle Zack Martin with the 20th pick in the draft.
The Cardinals will get a boost from the addition of a healthy Jonathan Cooper at guard next season after he lost his rookie year to injury. But the situation at both tackle positions is pretty unsettled in terms of both contracts and performance going forward, and a versatile offensive lineman with a lot of experience at left tackle and the ability to move elsewhere makes a lot of sense. If you can't block in the NFC West, you're going to be in a lot of trouble.
For many the idea of continuing to boost the offensive line is a no brainer, but Martin looks slightly undersized to be a left tackle in the NFL at 6-4 and 308 pounds, and many have already penciled him in as a guard in the NFL.
That's not a bad thing, investing heavily in the interior of the offensive line allows the natural formation of a pocket to take place, and takes pressure off the tackles, as the quarterback will always have a place to move up in the pocket.
The one question becomes, were there better options on the board?
The only three options that could be intriguing:
Those names would be the only three, in this scenario that would have drawn any interest from me, what about you?
21. Green Bay Packers- Pryor
22. Philadelphia Eagles- Kelvin Benjamin, WR FSU
23. Kansas City Chiefs- Stephon Tuitt, DE Notre Dame
24. Cincinnati Bengals- Dennard
25. San Diego Chargers- Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State
26. Cleveland Browns- Carlos Hyde, RB Ohio State
27. New Orleans Saints- Antonio Richardson, OT Tennessee
28. Carolina Panthers- Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon State
29. New England Patriots- Amaro
30. San Francisco 49ers- Odell Beckham Jr., WR LSU
31. Denver Broncos- Scott Chricton, DE Oregon State
32. Seattle Seahawks- Allen Robinson, WR Penn State
Thoughts on the NFC West?
St. Louis- Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M and Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
San Francisco- Odell Beckham Jr
Seattle- Allen Robinson